Are you suffering in silence from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder? PTSD can have a debilitating effect on your life, making it hard to cope with day-to-day activities. But you don’t have to suffer alone. There is PTSD support available in Chester.
Our peer support groups provide a safe and supportive environment for people with PTSD to share their experiences and gain valuable insights from others who have been through similar experiences.
We also offer one-to-one services, including active listening, for people who feel they would benefit from more personal support.
How PTSD Can Affect Your Day-to-Day Existence
While PTSD can affect people differently, some common symptoms can make everyday life a struggle. These include:
- Avoidance of people, places and situations that trigger memories of the trauma
- Intrusive thoughts and flashbacks
- Difficulty sleeping
- Feeling on edge or irritable all the time
- Angry outbursts
If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, know that you are not alone and that help and support is available to you should you need it.
If you’re ready to seek PTSD support in Chester, Sole Survivor offers a broad spectrum of PTSD support services to help you regain control and start living your life again.
PTSD Support from Sole Survivor for Residents of Chester
Whether you live in Chester or the surrounding areas, we can offer you the support and understanding you need to start healing.
Our PTSD support services include:
- Peer Support Group Meetings: Our peer support group meetings provide a safe and supportive environment for people with PTSD to share their experiences and gain valuable insights from others who have been through similar experiences.
- Active Listening: We offer one-to-one active listening services led by CPCAB trained staff specifically tailored to your needs.
- One-on-One Support Sessions: We offer one-on-one support sessions for those who feel they would benefit from more personal support.
- Online Zoom Meetings: Our Zoom meetings are a perfect vehicle for people who don’t feel ready to attend an in-person session or can’t make it to one of our meeting venues.
- Self-Help Resources: We have also collated and created several PTSD self-help resources, including steps from the industry-leading IMPULS7 System.
If you are willing and/or able to travel, our peer support group meetings are held in the nearby town of Birkenhead, at the Wirral MIND Building. The meetings take place at the following times:
- Thursday Morning – PTSD Peer Support 11.00 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.
- Thursday Evening – PTSD Peer Support 6.00 – 7.30 p.m.
How to Receive PTSD Support from Sole Survivor
While you don’t need any kind of official PTSD diagnosis to receive support from us, we require all recipients of our service to complete and submit a referral form before we can administer any of our PTSD services.
A member of our team will then process your form and speak to you regarding the best PTSD support option for your individual needs. If you would like to get started, you can find our referral form here.
Get In Touch With Sole Survivor Today to Receive Support for Your PTSD
At Sole Survivor, our mission is to provide PTSD support to survivors of traumatic events. If you or someone you know is struggling to come to terms with a traumatic experience in the Chester area, we can offer the help and support you need to start rebuilding your life.
Please call us on 07903 544585 or email us at email@example.com to learn more about the PTSD support services we offer in and around Chester. We look forward to hearing from you soon.